Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

Today was a good day. I do not feel so beaten. I do realize I may have made some assumptions or misjudgment in my sleep deprived state. Dallas's pediatrician was paged today and stopped by to talk about the situation. She explained the significant risks of Dallas having a port while also having a cochlear implant, plus a potential immune system deficiency. I was also informed that Dallas may be able to get treatment for his immune system through shots versus blood transfusions. We did discuss the separate issue of him simply being a ridiculous IV start as well, and she did empathize and understand the pure awfulness of the ordeal we just went through and have already been through many times. She just said we really need to think about this and weigh the risks and benefits. I expressed my concern about the immunology appointment now being in January, and she said she would help get that moved up to sometime in the next week or so. Sigh. This conversation changed my perspective on the entire hospital stay. This morning I was not looking doctors in the eyes...just nodding and not asking questions. I felt so down and upset. Now I feel a lot better, probably because I am home too, but everything made more sense upon leaving today.

Big thanks to the staff at Children's. Dallas is home, happy, and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment