Monday, October 24, 2011




Well, the pre-op appointment was today and we are a "go" for surgery.  However, there has been a change in plans regarding the port.  Dallas's surgeon talked to the immunologist and they decided that they are going to hold off on the port for now.  While this is frustrating because we'd prefer to get it done now, the reasons behind it do make sense....I think.  They want to try Dallas on the IV blood treatments for about a year and make sure that they work for him before they place a port.  The part I do not like about this plan is that starting an IV on Dallas is like mission impossible.  It has taken up to 1.5 hours to get an IV started on him, and that's while he's sedated.  I am trying to keep an open mind and I will see how this all goes before I throw a 2-year old tantrum.  The port would just be much less pain and heartache for all of us....but if the treatments don't help him, then we'll be glad we waited.  The bad news is that our regular appointment with the immunologist was of course scheduled for this Thursday at 10am......right during surgery. :(  So, the new scheduled date is January 5th.  Another 2.5 months of waiting, not to mention 2.5 months of cold/flu season.

Dallas had an exciting appointment with speech today.  We are still in the early stages, so at each session I try and distract him with a toy and then the speech pathologist will make one of the LING sounds and try and get Dallas to turn his head and look for the sound.  The sounds are "ah, ee, shh, sss, mmm, and ooooh."  He will generally turn to 3 of the 6, but today he responded to ALL of them!  We were clapping and so was he.  We really needed this today.



Can't you see I am at a tea party?  Pick me up please!!!


 
New haircut!
 

Bath time!  My FAVORITE thing to do.


Gimme the spoon, I can do it.

It's a beautiful day!

I get by with a little help from my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment